Irish fight in Last 16 round of Teams Masters
With this Monday night session concluded, Last 16 in European Snooker Masters (players over 40 years) Teams Championships are found, all aiming to be in the big final, next Wednesday.
Concluded the round-robin stage, with three first of each of the four groups going through, Last 16 round will be played Tuesday (best of seven frames), to be played by the following order: singles, singles, scotch doubles, singles, singles, and scotch doubles from 1st to 6th frame: 7th frame player will be for the teams to decide who plays the singles. By coincidence, we’ll have a houndred per cent irish match on Last 16 round, as determined by the draw.
LAST 16 ROUND MATCHES (Tuesday, 10 hours):
– Wales4 (Darren Morgan/Elfed Evans)-Wales2 (Jon Perring/Derrick Hadicate)
– Scotland1 (Mike Watson/Paul Jamison)-Malta2 (Frans Mintoff/Ivan Attard)
– Ireland1 (Anthony Bonnar/Peter Donegan)-Ireland2 (Alen Matic/Shane Gorman)
– Ukraine (Alan Trigg/Oleksi Dobrovolskiy)-England (Jamie Bodle/Graham Beardmore)
– Wales3 (Peter Roscoe/Wayne Morgan)-Netherlands2 (Joris Maas/Peter Bertens)
– Scotland 2 (Danny Maxwell/Dougie Melrose)-Malta 4 (Mario Brincat/Mark Saffret)
– Malta1 (Simon Zammit/Jason Peplów)-Belgium (Mario Van Herk/Alain Vandersteen)
– Malta3 (Arthur Cachia/Manwel Mallia)-Wales1 (Ian Sargeant/Neil Tomkins), scheduled for 12 hours
The semis (best of seven frames) and the final (best of nine frames) will be played next Wednesday, April 1st.
The European Snooker Masters (players over 40 years) Teams event that will end next Wednesday, April the 1st, at the Dolmen Resort Hotel, in Malta.